Saxonburg Arts Festival 2021
September 10, 11 & 12
Festival Meeting to be Held June 1
Saxonburg Borough Council will meet Tuesday, June 1 at 6 p.m. to discuss these Festival details and more:
- Food Truck rates (is it possible to adjust them to make it easier for vendors?)
- The availability of a grassy space just outside the Carnival Grounds that can be used in lieu of Main Street and the First Commonwealth parking lot:
- Main Street vendors could be moved to this grassy "Passthrough" area
- Vendors on the "Passthrough" could be given the previous "Main Street" hours for selling
- Location of the Car Show (possibly First Commonwealth parking lot)
- Car Cruise Update
- Shuttle Bus Routes
- Locations of Electricity & Water availability
- Sunday Entertainment Update
- and more!
The meeting will take place at 420 W. Main Street, Saxonburg, PA 16056. Public is welcome!
A Note to Our Vendors: With decisions on the above, the Borough can at last open up the vendor payment portal!
ARTS FESTIVAL INFORMATION & FAQs
Saxonburg's 2021 Arts Festival will include the traditions you love, together with some new faces and a new layout!
- This year's Arts Festival will be a 3-day event:
- Friday, September 10 from 3-10 p.m.
- Saturday, September 11 from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sunday, September 12 from Noon - 5 p.m.
- Sprankle's will be hosting their Oktoberfest at the Carnival Grounds on Friday & Saturday
- Arts Festival Vendors will be located on the Carnival Grounds & on the grass outside the North Carnival Gate
- Roebling Park will be used for parking overflow. (No vendors will be located at the Park.)
WHY THE CHANGES?
We have two major events happening in Saxonburg on the same weekend: Oktoberfest and the Arts Festival. Both need vendors, selling space, parking, trash cans, teams to oversee the events... Oktoberfest said, "Let's share!" And the Arts Festival replied, "Don't mind if we do!" This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
MAYBE ONE EVENT COULD CHANGE WEEKENDS?
Could, but then the planning, talent, vendors, rentals, expenses, etc., all need to start over. That's a lot of paper and ink!
MAYBE ONE EVENT COULD CANCEL?
Cancel?!? After the year we've had, we could all use some fun!
DOES THE ARTS FESTIVAL CROWD MIX WELL WITH THE OKTOBERFEST CROWD?
Let's see... Hot food, cold drinks, desserts, candy, large and small items for sale, live music, shows, entertainment, supporting local businesses... Seems like there's something for every member of the family to enjoy!
For questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saxonburg, April 28, 2021--The 2021 Saxonburg Arts Festival is Now a Three-Day Event!
This year's Arts Festival will take place over three days, running in conjunction with Sprankle's Oktoberfest! Days and times look like this:
Friday, September 10: 3 p.m.-10 p.m. (Oktoberfest & Arts Festival)
Saturday, September 11: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. (Oktoberfest & Arts Festival)
Sunday, September 12: Noon-5 p.m. (Arts Festival only)
Oktoberfest will take place Friday & Saturday at the Saxonburg Volunteer Fire Company's Carnival Grounds. Arts Festival Vendors will be also be located on the Carnival Grounds (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) as well as on the grass outside the Carnival's North Gates.
This promises to be an amazing weekend in Saxonburg!
Vendors: We're emailing you the signup info starting TODAY. (If you're not sure if you're on the list, please send an email to email@example.com.)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saxonburg, April 21, 2021--The 2021 Saxonburg Arts Festival is Getting Redesigned!
We are coordinating with Sprankle’s and the Saxonburg Volunteer Fire Company to bring you our renowned Arts Festival together with the illustrious Sprankle's Oktoberfest! That's right, there will be even MORE to do in Saxonburg the weekend of September 10, 11, & 12!
We are securing the details as quickly as we can, but: Vendor spaces at Roebling Park and Cooper Hall will be moving to the Carnival Grounds. This means more for our guests to see and enjoy with less distance to travel!
Vendors: Signup for the Arts Festival will be done online. We'll be emailing you the signup info on or after April 28 as we finalize the new layout. (If you're not sure if you're on the list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Thank you all for your patience as we've been working on these details!! More to come...