For Our Residents
- Saxonburg Borough's Field Crew handles the snow removal from the streets.
- The Saxonburg Area Authority (located together with the Borough offices at 420 West Main Street) provides sewage service in Saxonburg as well as in Penn, Middlesex, Clinton, and Jefferson. The Saxonburg Area Authority does require a Lien Letter when purchasing property in their service area, but does not require a dye test.
- Pennsylvania American Water Company services most Saxonburg properties.
- West Penn Power (a.k.a. First Energy) services most Saxonburg properties for electric.
- Peoples Gas services most Saxonburg properties.
- Saxonburg Borough does not contract with any one trash/waste company, so owners are free to set up service with any company they like. Saxonburg does, however, require recycling to be picked up, so owners should make sure they have recycling service.
- Saxonburg has paper/cardboard recycling bins located at the Borough Building 420 W. Main Street, lower parking lot. The bins tend to fill quickly and are emptied approximately every 2 weeks. Residents are asked not to overstuff the bins as the extra paper tends to scatter.
- Saxonburg has an Historic District, located on Main Street. Owners in the Historic District should make a quick phone call to the Borough office before painting, ordering signage, installing a roof or windows, etc.
Below is some information when buying/selling property in the Borough:
- Saxonburg Borough requires a Lien letter. The cost is $25. Lien Letter Request form
- The Saxonburg Area Authority (located together with the Borough offices at 420 West Main Street) provides sewage service in Saxonburg, as well as to parts of Clinton, Jefferson, Middlesex, and Penn. The SAA requires a Lien Letter for properties purchased in their service area. The Lien Letter Request form can be found here or at www.the-saa.org/forms. The SAA does not require a dye test.
- Saxonburg Borough does not require an occupancy permit for a residence but does require a Zoning Permit for a business occupant.
- Saxonburg Borough does not require a dye test.
Saxonburg's Historic District
Saxonburg's Historic District spans most of Main Street. Owners in the Historic District should call to the Borough office before painting, ordering signage, installing a roof or windows, etc. A quick call to the Borough office can "green light" your projects before you start and can save you time and money from work stoppages. Please call 724-352-1400 ext. 229 or 221.